Saturday, June 8, 2013

Matthew 7:7

SLC Archives tattoo on my heart. 

My boss called me into her office.

"Connor. I read your blog."

Every time someone says this I am convinced that they will continue by saying "Are you okay? Do you need help?"

What she actually said: "I saw you really like working in Archives. Do you want to spend some time working in Archives over the summer?"

WHAT? YES?!?

"That actually would be great," I told her.

"One more thing. If you ever blog about me, I want my code-name to be 'Big Pig'. Does that sound good?"

"... sure."

Thus, I have been spending a lot of my days helping SLC Archives gathering goodies and filing stuff, which I am actually incredibly into. Doors are opening. One of the women I work with told me that she went to an Archivists Conference over the weekend.

"It was basically a gathering of people sharing how they organize things," she told me.

And thus, another point was added to Connor Miller's bucket-list.

"Also," said the other SLC archivist, "I read in your blog that you are planning to buy hanging folders. Don't buy hanging folders. We have way too many hanging folders. We can just give you those."

WHAT?!?

"That actually would be great," I told her.

So, as of today I am going to put a little wishlist in the sidebar of my blog. You can check it out, and if you ever want to contribute to my writing career, you can just fire me an e-mail or give me what I want.

In other news, Hill House living has been good. I have more or less been shirtless whenever I'm home as part of a "Shirtless June" challenge. I have also been making my own meals, which includes being too lazy to cook chicken and instead buying a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and taking off all the meat and cutting it into Chipotle-size chunks so I can immediately make burritos whenever I want. Life is pretty rad.

I end with a promise: following my blog is difficult because no one knows when I'm gonna be posting something. I gotta be consistent. Initially, I had been posting every day, but this is impractical, and not a lot happens from day to day. THUS, I decree that there will be a guaranteed post every Monday night. This will be reliable blogging time, and I will be keeping up with this to the best of my ability.

ALAS. Till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment