Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesdays Are Awesome

Tuesdays are the days I delete all the random files on my computer, the days I browse the internet and read all of my favorite websites, and think about life.

TUESDAY REALIZATIONS:

  • Being a college professor would be great. I talked to my don about this, and basically I would graduate from SLC and then go to Grad School at Mill's College and then teach psychology or educational theory (if such a thing exists). I also considered being a high school teacher, which would be equally awesome, but I don't know how I'd deal with obstinate teenagers. This would take additional training and work (extensive reading of "The Art of War") but if I could handle high school, I'd totally do it, because there is something crazy and gritty about public high schools that I would love to be a part of. 
  • Homes can be messy. While browsing "interior design" on Tumblr, I became frustrated when I realized that every single home pictured on the site was SPOTLESS. Empty floors, white walls, too clean. Last week I visited a friend's dorm room in Dudley Lawrence and it was by far one of the best furnished rooms I have ever seen. And what I liked MOST was that it had a "lived in" feel. It was homey without being messy-gross. It was charming and comfortable and classy. I considered redecorating my own room, but a) my money is for food only and b) my room is a temporary living space. By the time I move in, it will be time to move out. Luckily, I don't spend a lot of time in my room anyway, but it's probably because it's empty, poorly furnished, and littered with empty cardboard boxes. 
  • The Pub is my second home. Since my room is a pretty depressing place to spend my time, I've been spending most of my time in The Pub (a dining option on campus [it isn't really a pub, its kind of like Subway. Kind of.]). I order a sandwich and do homework and often end up inventing dance moves with Lil Snuggz of Cleveland. 
  • I have a lot of lines to memorize. I am in a play called "Vilna's Got A Golem". It's kind of like "Inglorious Basterds" meets "The Three Strooges". And my sister will be visiting SLC when it goes up.  So I must know all of my lines, or else she will make fun of me and tell Mom and Dad that Connor truly is "First Born, Second Best." 
LOOK ITS MY CHOREOGRAPHER/LOVER?
Yup. True life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment