Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Existential Anxiety

So I've been spending a lot of time sitting in bed, playing Halo, and watching how-to magic videos online. I can now successfully make a coin disappear. Multiple times. I showed my mom and my sister and they are very impressed.


I have also steadily become nocturnal. Last night I was up until 4 am watching "Oldboy" a poorly dubed Korean thriller. And today I spent a good portion of my day lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and trying to figure out what to do with my life.

Things I Considered Doing With My Life:

  • Become an accountant. Basically, I saw "Shawkshank Redemption" a while back and I realized "If I ever go to jail, I want to be Andy Dufresne". Last night I took a brief Personal Finance lesson online, and now I am pretty much an expert. 
  • Becoming a professional couch potato. 
  • Maybe become a better waiter. I was at my job a couple days ago and a co-worker alluded that my other co-workers were picking up my slack on busy days. Apparently I get most of the tip, even though I hardly bring out any food to customers. I thought "Hm, maybe I'll become a better waiter," so I watched some YouTube Videos on how to carry trays. 
  • Redecorating my room. My dad asked me why I'd do that, and I explained that it was because I might have to live in my room for the next twenty years of my life. 
  • I don't know what I was trying to accomplish with this, but yesterday I cleaned a jam jar. It's just a jar now, no label, nothing. 
In short, I need to get my rear in gear and do SOMETHING, because currently the only mark I am leaving on this planet is the small volume of poop and CO2 I am currently producing on a day to day basis. 



1 comment:

  1. That jam jar just became: a pencil holder, a new cup/mug, a flower pot, a viable self-defense weapon, or perhaps just maybe, a source of inspiration. As to the doing things with your life, I can't really speak. But, I have thought about being an accountant because I feel that that's all I would be comfortable doing. I don't have any skills I feel competent with, except maybe statistics (mmm, pre-cal!). I'd have a stable income, maybe help people, and use a skill I'd be good at. But it's not very ambitious. And you know, you still have your whole life. Decisions take time. Maybe do what I'm about to do, and go for a nocturnal stroll. Inspire yourself with that jar.

    ReplyDelete