Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back To Blogging

I have gotten a lot of flack for not blogging regularly, so I made it part of my New Year's Resolution to get back in the habit of doing this every single day.

Today's adventures: I am currently in a motel a couple blocks down from Disneyland. I just spend the day with my girlfriend and her family doing everything there is to be done in the theme park. I am slightly damp from two back-to-back rotations on Splash Mountain, but for the most part happy and tired and ready to go to sleep.

Thursday's adventures: I competed in a rap battle in Oakland at Tourettes Without Regrets, a poetry slam/comedy show/burlesque performance/rap battle. Under my rapper name, MC Reverse, I freestyled against this guy from Brooklyn. Here's the video:



I made it to the second round but against this kid my own age who was cooler than me, so it was harder to think up insults on the fly. But Tourettes was great, and the host liked my freestyle so much that he put me on the guest list for the next six months.

Here's a picture my friends and I took after the show:
Some of my favorite people in the world who came to support me at the rap battle. 
So all in all, life has been eventful. I will try to keep my readers a little bit more up to date as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment