Friday, December 16, 2011

Homeward Bound

Went to bed after a long night of partying. It wasn't really a long night, it was just that I was really early and spent about two hours blowing up balloons and arguing whether Eminem is alive or not (look it up, there's an overwhelming case for the latter). I fell asleep at around 3:30am and I woke up at 9:30 to start packing.

I had my last conference with my don. "It's very interesting. You seem to have two paths cut out for you, Connor. You have this serious, studious writer side, and then you have this comedic side... not that comedy isn't serious. It's just... interesting." I told her my plans for the break (lots of reading, lots of performing) and then I grabbed my luggage and left.

Lugging a suitcase full of a month's worth of clothing and books through New York City is... difficult. I was not the most popular person on the trains and the Subway (lots of dirty looks), but under the circumstances, I handled myself very well. The hardest part was going through the turnstiles in Grand Central Station. I had to push the luggage through and then squeeze along with it. In retrospect, I could've lost a leg pretty easily, but luckily I made it to Penn Station completely intact.

I sat next to a fat guy on the train who was talking about his high school girlfriends and how he "really respected them because they were good people."

"I tried getting in contact with Sally, but she never called me back, but that's ok because she was really a good person. Like I respected her, you know? And like, she would do my homeworks and I will always be thankful for that. And she would talk like a valley girl, but in reality, she was smarter than all of us. She's a lawyer now, but she still hangs out with the likes of us. Because she's a good person, you know?"

I got off at Bayside and met up with Aunt Sue. We ate dinner at "Taco King", which is, as far as I can tell, a Mexican restaurant run by very friendly Asian people. We brought burritos back to my aunt's place to eat, and now I am showered and changed and ready to fly.

One of my friends said that I should stay awake as long as possible so that I just fall asleep on the plane. He's from Paris, so I think he knows what he's talking about (that felt really weird to say).

So now I am finishing up Music for Chameleons and writing and watching TED talks until my flight tomorrow at 7:20am.

No comments:

Post a Comment