Thursday, November 3, 2011

Best Day Ever

I woke up at 5:45am this morning, got dressed, and took the train from Bronxville to Grand Central Station to meet up with Gwenna. I got there early, so I walked around the building for a while. Eventually I settled into a corner near the 42nd Street Main entrance and waited.

After 45 minutes I texted her to find out where she was, but I when I looked up from my phone I saw her and my stomach flipped and we kissed right there.

The first thing I noticed was our mutual eye contact, which was impossible via Skype. The second thing I noticed was that it was 8:00am and I needed to get back to Bronxville for class.

Gwenna's flight was uneventful, probably because she was in sensory deprivation (ear plugs, sleeping mask) but she did note that there were a lot of babies on board. "One had pink pajamas. ADORABLE."

I got to school on time, dropped off Gwenna in my dorm, and went to class. It was long and agonizing, not just because of Gwenna but because I was hungry too. But on the bright side, I was the only one who did the optional homework reading, so I scored extra points with my don.

I said "Hi!" to more people than I have ever said "Hi!" to since I've arrived here at Sarah Lawrence. I was in a fantastic mood, and it carried throughout the day. As a wise woman once said, "Nothing like a girl in your dorm room to make you happy."

After Spanish, Gwenna joined DC, Massey and I on our radio show, "The Best Day Ever". The theme was "The Letter B" so we talked about anything that started with the letter B. It was one of our best hours on air, but unfortunately the school's website was having technical difficulties so a lot of people didn't hear it. But at least we did. Gwenna read Urban Dictionary definitions and won our "B-Battle". Massey was consistently hilarious, and DC ran the soundboard today, and she did a much better job than me. It all went so smoothly. It truly was the best day ever.

Later in the afternoon we went to Karaoke Night at the Black Squirrel. We both got milkshakes: I got a "Parent Trap" which was peanut butter and oreos mixed with vanilla ice cream. Gwenna got chocolate ice cream with peppermint. Empowered by Gwenna's presence, I sang "Bad Romance" with Hawaii and managed to slip in a Christopher Walken accent for the spoken parts. "I'm a free... bitch. Baby."

And now it's the weekend, and I am really excited to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment