Sunday, October 23, 2011

Work Work Work

Today I slept in until noon. I ate breakfast at about one and from two to six thirty I more or less worked with minor, but much needed interruptions. I finished my essay for Early Childhood Development, I transcribed part of the interview with my aunt, and I wrote an experience about a time I felt someone else's pain for my Oral History class.

That was basically my day. I wanted to go grocery shopping, but I spent all of my time working. And I still have a bunch of stuff to do.

Which makes me wonder why I am in St. Louis's dorm right now. He invited me over for study time, and I came here without any work, and even if I did come with work I am not sure if I would be able to do any work. Right now it's relatively chill. St. Louis is playing some techno on his laptop but everyone else is reading. So I take it back. This is a pretty productive work environment. It's a new thing for me, to study in groups, because my previous experience was that it simply doesn't work. But these people are sophomores, so they've probably figured out the code of socializing and getting work done at the same time.

Another problem right now is that I have bad gas. I probably shouldn't blog about this because they'll figure out later that it was me, but for dinner I had a lot of macaroni and cheese and it's causing problems. I am getting minor acid reflux and I am holding in a lot of flatulence that I let loose when I pretend to go to the bathroom, which should happen pretty soon.

Doing so now.

***

So I just went to the bathroom and tried my hardest to fart and I couldn't do it, so I came back to the study party and sat down and let a silent one loose. Of course.

So I apologize for the lack of literary merit of today's blog post. Today just wasn't very exciting because of how productive it was. I am planning to make my life interesting very soon. I am assembling my Halloween costume which should be very appropriate.

ANOTHER THING! Apparently it is Harry Potter Week at Sarah Lawrence. We have a "free expression" wall where students can paint whatever they want ,and someone today wrote in red paint "The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware!"

I definitely go to the best school ever.

So, I am going back to half-studying and holding in gas. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment