Sunday, October 30, 2011

Popular

Most of the power was out throughout campus. People who live in the "new dorms" were without heat and electricity and internet. Lucky for us Westlands folk, we have our own generator so we did not have such problems. People have been flooding in to charge their phones and laptops and such.

This made my room a popular hangout for people today. At brunch when I mentioned that I lived in Westlands, ears perked up and soon I had a room full of friends. They brought gifts (hot cocoa, a pumpkin) and did homework on my floor.

For once I was able to see how other people studied. I never really studied in high school, and I am learning how to do it in college. It's really interesting. People actually sit down and read and take notes. I thought only the really annoying kids at my high school did that. But it turns out its a thing, and I am getting the hang of it.

This happened more or less throughout they day, but unfortunately I think the power just came back on, and now my room is empty. Friends = gone.

On the bright side I finished all my homework VERY early, so a night of Netflix movies and TED talks are on the horizon. And reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I am trying to get inspired for NaNoWriMo. ONE MORE DAY!!!

I ate two chocolate chip cookies and I am feeling kind of gross, so I am going to walk around campus first.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment