Monday, October 3, 2011

Trying To Be Intelligent

I did not spend any meal swipes today! I woke up and had Multi-Grain Cheerios for breakfast (on sale at A&P) with 2% milk (not on sale at A&P) and went to my job at College Events.

It was a busy day at work. I stamped a lot of posters and did a lot of filing. I made copies and learned how to change the toner in the copier. I helped someone put a poster up in front of Bates. And I still had time to e-mail my homeboy Lucas back in California (holla!).

Afterwards, I met up with my dad and my Grandma ("Nana") during my 30 minute break before Spanish. I gave him some luggage to take home and he gave me a roast beef sandwich from a legit deli. And a raspberry ice tea Snapple, which is my favorite flavor of Snapple ("Made from the best stuff on Earth!").

My sandwich was two feet long so it lasted me the entire day. I ate what I could before Spanish. As I was heading out, I ran into Ohio.

"Try saying something intelligent in Spanish today, Connor. According to your blog you have trouble with that."

I promised I would and ran to class. On time.

We talked about our weekends.

"Que hiciste el fin de semana pasada?" What did you do this weekend?


The kid who sat next to me raised his hand.

"Hoy es el cumpleanos de Gandhi." Today is Gandhi's birthday.


He totally misinterpreted the question. We all laughed at him for saying something so stupid. I laughed especially hard, because I knew no matter what I said for the rest of class, I wouldn't say something that dumb.

Boy, was I wrong.

In one class period, I confused the class while trying to talk about my father, my summer, and Anne Hathaway. At one point the teacher was so frustrated with me that she shot me an angry look. It was just for a split second, but it burned.

Afterwards I did some homework and walked over to Hill House to get a free haircut.

"I can get you a $100 haircut for free, Connor." said Ohio before I left. "And a manicure."

I arrived at Hill House and my new-found barber pulled out a buzzer and a pair of craft scissors. Here is my before picture:
I used to look like this. 

In progress. Notice the pile of hair in the background. 

The finished product.


The actual finished product. 

Other than a slight bald spot in the back of my head, I am pleased with my haircut. I owe Marin some of Grandma's cookies, even though she's trying to be Vegan. Or maybe some steak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment