Sunday, September 18, 2011

Swagger of a Cripple

Today Ohio took me into the city to buy some pants. Two girls, Minnesota and Sacremento came with us to ease the awkward to two guys going shopping together.

I limped around New York City with the crew as we hit up the following stores (not in this order):
  • Lush - an organic soap store that has all of their soap displayed like fine cheeses in wheels with samples you can smell. 
  • Sephora - Make-up store. I didn't buy anything. 
  • Urban Outfitters - Saw cameras, wanted to buy cameras but I need the money for food so I refrained. 
  • Trader Joes - The busiest Trader Joe's I have ever visited.
  • Macy's - The largest single department store in the world, according to Ohio. The escalators are made out of wood. And it has a floor 1&1/2. 
  • H&M -Where I bought my party pants. 
Today was the first time I have ever been inside and H&M, and I don't know if I liked it. The music was loud techno and all the walls were white and all the guys in the store had tight shirts and big pectorals. Ohio picked out a couple pairs of pants and I tried them on. I learned that I have a 27 waist, which is normal for someone with anorexia. We found one pair of pants with a 27 waist, and when I tried them on, Ohio said "Oh my god. Yes. You are buying those." 

So now I have a new pair of party pants. They are "Drain" cut jeans, which means they are very skinny on my legs and I have to do a dance around my room to get into them. But according to Ohio "It's an improvement on your current wardrobe." 

We ended up walking 100+ blocks. Everyone in our group was tired and were complaining about their feet, but I think it is safe to say that my ankle hurt the most. We took a cab back to Grand Central Station, and by the time we got back to Bronxville my foot was feeling as bad as it did yesterday. Thankfully, Health Services will be open tomorrow and I will be able to get my ankle checked. 

I am exhausted. 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to assume that you will keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete