Saturday, September 17, 2011

So Let Me Explain...

Today I spent most of my day in bed with a sprained ankle. Corey had to carry me to the bathroom a couple times. He made me food and went into Bronxville to buy me medical supplies. I really appreciated it. I truly have the best roommates ever.

Here is my foot. As you can see it is a little swollen. 

So here is what happened: My blog hit 3,000 views, which is the most views I have ever gotten on anything in my life, so I celebrated at a party down in Hill House. Everyone toasted to my blog views. One thing led to another, and I slipped on some gravel by Campbell Sports Center, twisting my ankle. I was on my back, and a crowd gathered and asked me if I was ok. I said yes, and someone took off my shoe and massaged my foot to see if it was broken. I don't know if it helped at all, but it definitely felt amazing. 

A couple friends hoisted me up and helped me get back to Westlands. I sat in the hallway as a pre-med student held a cold ginger ale next to my ankle. And then I went to sleep. 

I woke up this morning in pain. I tried walking around but that didn't work out too well. I needed crutches. I called Campus Health Services, but they were closed for the weekend. Corey walked down to CVS to see if they had crutches, but they didn't. I went on WikiHow.com to figure out if I could make a pair of crutches, but I didn't have any lumber or screws. So I just stayed in bed all day. This was what I looked at all day. 

My point of view.

Corey, ready to help. 

I finished all of my written homework sine I had nothing better to do. I have a couple of assignments that require walking (going to the library to read old newspapers, writing observations about the world, etc.) that I will tackle once I have fully healed. By 7 o'clock I was feeling a little better, and I was able to limp down to Bates Dining Hall for dinner.

"Do you need help?" asked Ohio. 

"No. I am a man." 

Ate dinner with great company. I had a Thanksgiving-style meal (I had a lot to be thankful for), with turkey, gravy, potatoes and cranberry sauce. One of my friends managed to steal some chocolate milk from the dining hall in an empty juice container.

This is how we roll.

So now I am in bed again with a borrowed ankle brace and hoping I feel better tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment