Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Kid Wiped Boogers On Me Today

A kid wiped boogers on me today.

If you work with children this is bound to happen sooner or later.

After that incident, I went to my Oral History class. Today was a "sharing day" where students read their written work to the class and everyone discusses what they think. I was one of the few people scheduled to read, and I was pretty excited about it.

And then my classmates read their pieces. And they were beautiful. One girl read a piece she wrote about her uncle, about how much she loved him and how she lost him. I almost cried. I tried commenting on her work, but I choked on the word "amazing."

"Why don't you go next, Connor?" said the professor.

I read my profile on the guy who does orgies.

The class liked it and they gave me some pointers, but I felt I had really killed the mood.

I ran out of socks today, so I did a load of laundry with Ohio and Madison. This was our second "Laundry Party", where sit in the hall doing homework on our laptops until our clothes are clean. This eventually leads to what Madison calls "Canoe Butt", when you lose feeling in your bottom from sitting so long.

"Like in canoes. It's a thing in Wisconsin. Because of the lakes."

In an effort to fight off any booger bacteria on my body, I ate four bowls of lentil soup for dinner. And vanilla ice cream. With a chocolate chip cookie.

The rest of my night I finished Spanish homework, which was to make a tourism pamphlet for a Latin American country. Here is the final result:


I love projects like these. 

I am hoping my Spanish teacher will be so impressed with my crayon skills that she will momentarily forget the thing I said in the last class about dolphins. Or delfines, en espaƱol. 

Tomorrow is Thursday, which is the new Friday. 

And I have socks for it. 

I'll keep you posted. 

P.S. "Put a picture on the blog. Text heavy blogs are deadly."  - My Oral History teacher

1 comment:

  1. Connor - Boogers are an inevitable part of elementary education. You can't imagine how many times I've come home with boogers on my knees where some little kid has wiped their nose on me during story time. Just one of the on-the-job hazards! Thanks for sharing, and keep blogging! ~ Leslie G.

    ReplyDelete